Adenoma Detection Rate (ADR)
- ADR gives an indication of the thoroughness of the exam.
- Higher ADR is associated with significant protection against colorectal cancer in the five years following a screening colonoscopy.
- ASGE (American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) recommends that ADR be at least 25% in men and 15% in women.
- Currently at the Iowa Endoscopy Center (IEC) the ADR is 32.9% for men and 21.53% for women.
- This data indicates the skill and professionalism of the physicians at IEC.
ADR is defined as the number of patients with at least one adenoma polyp (pre-cancerous) detected during a screening colonoscopy.
Male (>= 50 Years)
Female (>=50 Years)